Welcome to the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast: where seasoned B2B sales professionals go to get the best new sales tips, techniques and trends to maximise their sales results. With clear advice, guidance and special guests, Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit is here to help sales professionals make simple, key changes that generate better results – in any economy!
Join Jess Lorimer and Robert Cutler of Selling to Corporate as they analyse the market and show you how to navigate mindset changes, new lead generation strategies, hiring ‘how-to’s and of course, those strategic sales techniques to see you into your next promotion.
In this episode, Jess and Rob look at one of the hottest topics within the sales arena right now. Is Cold Calling Dead? The question about cold calling, phones vs. emails, and what new tactics exist to generate leads comes up time and again but in 2021 it is more prevalent than ever.
So tune in, hear two experienced sales professionals chatting about the past, present and future of Business Development. From picking up a telephone, to using LinkedIn Sales Navigator and everything in between over the next 45 minutes!
Key points within this episode include:
- Challenging perceptions of Business Development and Cold Calling – [1.02]
- LinkedIn Spam Messages [05.14]
- Pressure calls in 2021 [07.15]
- Dips in activity of cold calling [8.14]
- Fear factor is a real issue [10.00]
- Always a reason people won’t like cold calling, just do it! [12.27]
- No indicators from the written word about real buying intentions. [16.13]
- There IS a structure [18.40]
- What does a popular dating site tell us about cold calling!? [20.00]
- Stop living on scrips and develop your sales people [21.15]
- Stack the odds in your favour [24.00]
- Finding the right lead generation method [26.18]
- Would you hire a taxi driver without a licence? No. So why hire sales people without training them. [29.06]
- Management that leads [31.00]
If you’d like to create a genuine, revenue generating Business Development process in 2021, hit the link to email Rob and book a call today: https://corporate.selltocorporates.com/contact-us/ or by emailing rob@Sellingtocorporates.com.
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Future of Sales In Sport – Whitepaper: https://corporate.selltocorporates.com/whitepaper/
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download our Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects: https://bit.ly/STCTop5BDQuestions
To book your free market insights call with Rob, rob@Sellingtocorporates.com
How to leave a review – https://selltocorporates.com/how-to-leave-a-podcast-review-on-itunes/
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.