Welcome to the very first episode of the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast: where seasoned B2B sales professionals go to get the best new sales tips, techniques and trends to maximise their sales results. With clear advice, guidance and special guests, Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit is here to help sales professionals make simple, key changes that generate better results – in any economy!
Join Jess Lorimer and Robert Cutler of Selling to Corporate as they analyse the market and show you how to navigate mindset changes, new lead generation strategies, hiring ‘how-to’s and of course, those strategic sales techniques to see you into your next promotion.
This episode focuses on one of the biggest issues we’re hearing in the market at the moment which is a lack of real, quality Leads. How can we generate more? Why are we not making the most of the leads we have?
Throughout this episode, Jess and Rob talk about the Lead Generation process, how Technology is both helping and hindering leads – if you don’t have a clear market map – and how you can get new staff up to speed.
In this key phase as the furlough scheme draws down to a close and business gets back to 100%, how can you and your sales team take this opportunity to grow and increase revenue.
In this episode we’re sharing:
- What we’re looking at today, Lead Generation – 2.05
- Why do we bother to generate leads? – 3.36
- Jess V Rob, how their approaches differ – 5.00
- How Technology has been a big reason for change in Lead Generation – 8.30
- Why bother proactively trying to generate leads? – 9.42
- The Process – 10.58
- How important is it for new staff to be integrated into your Lead Generation process – 14.15
- How a big brand behind you can help – and hinder – 18.27
- Sales Execs ‘The Fear’ on calling – 20.07
- Stop relying on Inbound – 21.30
- Lead Generation = Integral, Consistency = Integral, Process = Integral – 24.50
- You need to map your markets – 26.00
- How technology makes International Opportunities much easier – 28.29
- There is MONEY in the market right now – 31.11
- What should companies be doing now? – 32.53
- Companies struggling to identify their own issues in the Lead Generation process – 36.55
- Check out our whitepaper from the recent Future of Sales in Sport Roundtable – 37.50
- Take getting back up to speed seriously before the pandemic ends – 38.20
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Future of Sales In Sport – Whitepaper:
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download our Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects: https://bit.ly/top-5-business-development-questions
To book your free market insights call with Rob, rob@Sellingtocorporates.com