Welcome to the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast: where seasoned B2B sales professionals go to get the best new sales tips, techniques and trends to maximise their sales results. With clear advice, guidance and special guests, Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit is here to help sales professionals make simple, key changes that generate better results – in any economy!
Join Jess Lorimer and Robert Cutler of Selling to Corporate as they analyse the market and show you how to navigate mindset changes, new lead generation strategies, hiring ‘how-to’s and of course, those strategic sales techniques to see you into your next promotion.
Episode 7 talks about one of Jess’ favourite topics – Sales Personalities! Take a deep dive into the different mindsets of the average salespeople in your team. Learn how to direct, manage and recruit the right people, utilise the different personality types to your advantage and ultimately have a winning team!
Key points within this episode include:
- Welcome to the podcast, we’re talking about personality types!
- Assumptions of sales people
- Wanda The Worrier!
- Graduates and training, keep asking questions but the right ones!
- Key alarm bells about the worrier personality
- Introducing the business to your new staff to improve relationships, inclusivity and synergy!
- Price sensitivity and negotiations
- Worry about closing the sale rather than it being a good sale
- Have you put this person into the right role? Look at their skills before throwing them into a job
- Olga The Overthinker!
- They’re a solid sales person, but not a top biller
- Actually a big asset for Learning, Development and Training
- Procrastination is a key feature of their personality
- Very solid managers and often overlooked
- Amazing billers do not just make good managers, look beyond that to their personality and round skills
- Overthinkers can often fail induction periods, they spend too long thinking about the time and thinking of being fired rather than just doing the doing!
- Often end up in a cycle of paranoia
- Direct Dan!
- This is the classic salesperson
- Strong seller and will do anything to close the deal
- Often overlook slower processes to close the easier ones
- Incredible forecasters
- Lack empathy
- Get bored easily and can be poached
- Tunnel vision!
- Get all of the key information. Just not the fluff.
- They need refinement not re-education
- Keen Bean Kieran!
- Bouncy grad who talks to everyone but doesn’t actually do much
- Will be confident
- Just lack any refinement
- Will often ask the wrong questions or not ask the necessary questions at all
- Poor forecasters
- Don’t fear rejection
- LinkedIn heavy user
- Contact Rob to discuss how to make the most of your team!
So if you are ready to revolutionise your lead generation process, and make huge gains in revenue across 2021 hit the link to email Rob and book a call today: rob@Sellingtocorporates.com.
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Future of Sales In Sport – Whitepaper: https://corporate.selltocorporates.com/whitepaper/
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download our Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects: https://bit.ly/STCTop5BDQuestions
To book your free market insights call with Rob, rob@Sellingtocorporates.com
How to leave a review – https://selltocorporates.com/how-to-leave-a-podcast-review-on-itunes/
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.