On our sales podcast today, Jess and Rob are talking about how a reliance on inbound sales enquiries has severely damaged lead generation across sales teams. Following the Covid-19 pandemic, consumers were ready to spend and enjoy experiences again, which saw a big uplift in incoming enquiries across the sports, leisure and entertainment sectors. However, this was a short sighted – let’s deal with taking orders – approach, which now as we hurtle through 2022 and toward a potential recession, has left sales pipelines dry.
Not only that, the significant changes in staffing and the great resignation, along with a lack of training and development, means that most sales teams do not have the correct skill set to be able to generate new leads effectively.
If your sales team are not trained now, the remainder of 2022 and 2023 are going to be incredibly tough.
Listen in as Jess and Rob chat about the challenges in the marketplace and offer ideas and suggestions for how to resolve this in your team. Furthermore, Selling to Corporate can work with you to diagnose the issues specifically within your team, help advise on a rectification pattern, quality workshops and much more. Click here to book a free consultation call with Rob now!
On today’s episode:
- Where Selling To Corporate are identifying the challenges and opportunities currently
- How certain industries like sports and entertainment saw huge uplifts in incoming enquiries that have now fallen away
- Individuals & companies are attending less events than before, spending more, but leaving gaps that need to be filled
- Order taking on an incoming enquiry is easy, it does not translate into being a salesperson
- The great resignation has severely affected the talent pool and skills
- Teams that have and are training their staff will secure an advantage when it comes to attracting new clients
- The pandemic has encouraged even more competition for prospective revenue
- Why LinkedIn Sales Navigator is pointless if your team don’t have the skills to identify the relevant stakeholders
- Knowledge gaps and irrelevant targets are not supporting teams to understand how to sell and the volumes required
- A recent workshop delivered by Selling To Corporate and how sales were actioned within days of delivery
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
To discuss our sales closing process workshop, book into Rob’s diary.
Check out the Future of Sales In Sport – Whitepaper.
Want a copy of the case study we discussed? Drop Rob and email here.
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download our Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects.
How to leave a review: https://selltocorporates.com/how-to-leave-a-podcast-review-on-itunes/
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.