In a perfect segue from our last episode of the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast where we talked about challenges facing sales teams in securing external leads. Today we’re talking about why it is so important to track your lead conversion rate to improve sales.
Often, especially when sales teams have been so focused on dealing with incoming enquiries, tracking of leads and opportunities has been lost and forgotten. Expensive CRM systems lay dormant, as a smaller sales team just “gets the job done”. Whilst that may have worked for the past 9-12 months with a buoyant, post pandemic spend market, as we hurtle through 2022 and rising cost of living and interest rates it is much more challenging now to rebuild a system that will allow your team to develop leads.
Without tracking you won’t be able to understand what methods are working from a platform perspective, from a messaging perspective nor if your team are identifying the correct stakeholders.
Join Jess and Rob as they talk about the challenges, pitfalls but most importantly how and why you need to do something about this as a sales director or commercial director heading into the 2nd half of 2022.
Selling to Corporate can work with you to diagnose the issues specifically within your team, help advise on a rectification pattern, quality workshops and much more. Click here to book a free consultation call with Rob now!
On today’s episode:
- Sales is like Monopoly, but the best part if you can control it
- Sales teams feel out of control and overwhelmed
- It is surprising that so many sales teams in companies are not tracking their lead conversions
- There is a need to be proactive but sales leaders are unable to offer support and diagnostics because they have tracked so little
- Problems such as a lack of sales calls booked, lack of proposals – it all boils down to the issue that metrics and conversions are not being tracked effectively
- Lead identification is a major issue
- Sales teams are undertrained to understand the whole sales process from lead generation, through follow up and ultimately calls and meetings
- Lead generation does not mean a sale. It means getting the call that makes the sale.
- You need data to understand which aspects of the sales process need support
- People forget to follow up, forget to reach out, forget calls and subsequently end up with lost revenue to competitors
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
To discuss our sales closing process workshop, book into Rob’s diary.
Listen to the MGMP episode on sales call diagnostics.
Check out the Future of Sales In Sport – Whitepaper.
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download our Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects.
How to leave a review: https://selltocorporates.com/how-to-leave-a-podcast-review-on-itunes/
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.