On MGMP today we’re discussing B2B sales with guest James Cluskey, former tennis pro turned entrepreneur. We explore the value of connections in generating sales conversations and how referrals can create significant revenue from understanding how pure grit and determination translated from the tennis court to the boardroom.
Head of Business Development for Selling to Corporate ® Rob, explains how sales executives, sales managers and sales directors can leverage these tips and techniques to drive their own commercial strategies forward and drive increases in sales.
Add to that a few business anecdotes and tips from Richard Branson and we’re sure you will find a lot to take away from this episode!
On today’s episode:
- A real feeling of optimism in the B2B corporate sales space as we start 2022 [0.29]
- How high performance on the sports field can translate into success in the sales office [04.07]
- Resilience is a key learn [05.12]
- Good days and bad days – the vision to continue to be successful through learning and personal development [08.40]
- The importance of investing in your people when it comes to their happiness, performance and retention [14.20]
- The value in reading the news and utilising it to generate leads and have better conversations with referrals [17.45]
- Insights of Sir Richard Branson and how just asking the question got James to Necker Island [21.03]
- Why connections are valuable, even if you can’t necessarily work with them right now [26.04]
- How real life connections is similar to where LinkedIn once was – but is not now [29.04]
About Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit: The Podcast
Welcome to the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast: where seasoned B2B sales professionals go to get the best new sales tips, techniques and trends to maximise their sales results. With clear advice, guidance and special guests, Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit is here to help sales professionals make simple, key changes that generate better results – in any economy!
Join Jess Lorimer and Robert Cutler of Selling to Corporate ® as they analyse the market and show you how to navigate mindset changes, new lead generation strategies, hiring ‘how-to’s and of course, those strategic sales techniques to see you into your next promotion.
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
To book your free 2022 market insights call with Rob, rob@Sellingtocorporates.com
Future of Sales In Sport – Whitepaper: https://corporate.selltocorporates.com/whitepaper/
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download our Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects: https://bit.ly/STCTop5BDQuestions
How to leave a review – https://selltocorporates.com/how-to-leave-a-podcast-review-on-itunes/
Connecting with James – https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-cluskey-5bb8376a/
James Cluskey is a former ATP tennis professional, who reached a peak ranking of 145 in the world in doubles. He won 16 titles across the ATP Challenger & ITF Futures Tour and represented Ireland at the Davis Cup. Following retirement, he has engaged in a variety of business activities including becoming a published author, public speaker, and more recently founder of GiveLearn an online, high performance development platform. In addition to this, he also teaches Sir Richard Branson how to play tennis and is a regular at Necker Island.
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.