Welcome to the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast: where seasoned B2B sales professionals go to get the best new sales tips, techniques and trends to maximise their sales results. With clear advice, guidance and special guests, Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit is here to help sales professionals make simple, key changes that generate better results – in any economy!
Join Jess Lorimer and Robert Cutler of Selling to Corporate as they analyse the market and show you how to navigate mindset changes, new lead generation strategies, hiring ‘how-to’s and of course, those strategic sales techniques to see you into your next promotion.
Today Rob brings up one of the most talked about topics he has seen on recent sales consultations. Qualified leads! As Jess and rob both know, irrelevant metrics can be the main cause of the vast quantities of leads generated by sales staff that remain unactioned. The problems however go far deeper than this – into the skills of the sales executives, their understanding of a follow up process, and whether Sales Directors understand the B2B lead to call to proposal conversion rates.
On today’s episode:
- There are huge amounts of wasted time by sales execs aimlessly adding names to a database to appease irrelevant metrics [01.24]
- Limited time in your day – why waste it just on quantity of leads generated? [05.23]
- An increase in volume is often akin to a decrease in quality [09.24]
- Do your sales executives understand who they are trying to target? [14.20]
- You have to get your sales team to buy into making changes and improving their skills before you can see real gains [19.17]
- Don’t beat your team with a stick. Give them incentives. What speaks to a sales exec more than prospective increase in commission! [20.15]
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
To book your free 2022 market insights call with Rob, rob@Sellingtocorporates.com
Future of Sales In Sport – Whitepaper: https://corporate.selltocorporates.com/whitepaper/
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download our Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects: https://bit.ly/STCTop5BDQuestions
How to leave a review – https://selltocorporates.com/how-to-leave-a-podcast-review-on-itunes/
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.