On MGMP today we are talking about incentives for sales teams and how that relates to their KPIs and targets. Joined by special guest, Mike Stanfield of the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, and talking candidly about cash incentives, staff motivation to make sales and his recent experience dropping $12,000 in cash right into the middle of his sales team and their reaction to a challenge to win this cash.
Mike also talks about the key issues surrounding the “great resignation” and how he works tirelessly to provide cultural opportunities, challenges and realistic expectations to encourage, motivate and retain their sales team. Why investing in people is so important, and where the first team’s culture of success translates into office success.
Candidly, Mike offers an insight into the quality of ownership and where sales is valued so highly as generating the revenue that allows the General Managers to invest in on-field performance.
Jess and Rob have talked extensively about KPIs, targets and rewards for corporate sales teams across 2020 and 2021. However in 2022, is it fair to say that sales people are still money hungry? Or is there more to the sales staff mindset now after the pandemic and a more hybrid working environment?
Selling to Corporate ® can work with you and your team to look at where opportunities lie to improve the targeting of your team, leading to increased revenue, happier staff, and better morale. If you’re looking to make this happen quickly in Q2, Click here to book a call with Rob now!
On today’s episode:
- The history of 23 years in sales at the highest level [1.00]
- Dropping $12,000 in cash into the office as an incentive, where did this idea come from? [03.33]
- Trying to create fun and exciting sales environments that motivate post-pandemic [06.07]
- Look in the mirror – it is your biggest competition [07.12]
- Why failing is a key to success [09.17]
- The fear of feedback, the fear of failure, the fear of decisions in sales [10.22]
- Sales staff retention through incentives [13.00]
- Everyone is on a level playing field – from the superstars to the interns – the importance of building that culture to make money [15.31]
- If we don’t make revenue we can’t invest in the team. [16.00]
- The future of generating leads and sales [17.45]
- How important it is to have flexible metrics to offer opportunities to all different types of sales person in the organization [20.02]
About Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit: The Podcast
Welcome to the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast: where seasoned B2B sales professionals go to get the best new sales tips, techniques and trends to maximise their sales results. With clear advice, guidance and special guests, Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit is here to help sales professionals make simple, key changes that generate better results – in any economy!
Join Jess Lorimer and Robert Cutler of Selling to Corporate ® as they analyse the market and show you how to navigate mindset changes, new lead generation strategies, hiring ‘how-to’s and of course, those strategic sales techniques to see you into your next promotion.
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
To discuss our sales closing process workshop, book into Rob’s diary.
Check out the Future of Sales In Sport – Whitepaper.
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download our Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects.
How to leave a review: https://selltocorporates.com/how-to-leave-a-podcast-review-on-itunes/
As Senior Vice President of Sales of the New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans, Michael Stanfield is a key member of the front office for both clubs. The long-time sports administrative executive is responsible for overseeing the entire consumer and corporate sales efforts for both the New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans, the two revenue-generating facets of both organizations. For more about Mike, click here.