Welcome to the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast: where seasoned B2B sales professionals go to get the best new sales tips, techniques and trends to maximise their sales results. With clear advice, guidance and special guests, Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit is here to help sales professionals make simple, key changes that generate better results – in any economy!
Join Jess Lorimer and Robert Cutler of Selling to Corporate as they analyse the market and show you how to navigate mindset changes, new lead generation strategies, hiring ‘how-to’s and of course, those strategic sales techniques to see you into your next promotion.
In Episode 3 of the MGMP Podcast, Jess & Robert take a look at one of their favourite topics – recruitment and hiring. Hiring good sales people is hard, so let us help make it easier!
If you are a Sales Manager or Director, this episode will outline the best ways to find the right sales people for your teams, when to recruit, how to interview and create a great team who will hit and exceed your targets.
Jess and Robert will impart their own experiences as former professional recruiters, and having recruited their own teams!
Key points within this episode include:
- Hiring has a lot of layers [1.28]
- How unique is the sales person [2.30]
- Advantages of a sales person in an interview – calm, cool and collected – but truthful?! [5.27]
- The glut of candidates hitting the market – pro or con? [6.28]
- Don’t compromise or force two jobs into one [7.56]
- Rob – I find hiring really difficult [11.05]
- Expectation management is crucial [13.05]
- New website & whitepaper! [16.29]
- Less sales people, higher targets – how to bridge the gap [18.37]
- It IS a NEW MARKET [19.44]
- Clear goals, targets and understanding training [20.46]
- Recruitment consultants can add value. If you find the right one. [22.35]
- Know when to scale [26.00]
- Identifying your gaps and knowing if you should actually hire [26.51]
- Jess – employee motivation and understanding the key points! [29.33]
- How probation period can work and should work to benefit both parties [31.24]
- The Key Indicators of when to hire [35.20]
So if you are ready to revolutionise your your hiring , and make huge gains in revenue across 2021 hit the link to email Rob and book a call today: https://corporate.selltocorporates.com/contact-us/ or by emailing rob@Sellingtocorporates.com.
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download my Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects: https://bit.ly/top-5-business-development-questions