Welcome to the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast: where seasoned B2B sales professionals go to get the best new sales tips, techniques and trends to maximise their sales results. With clear advice, guidance and special guests, Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit is here to help sales professionals make simple, key changes that generate better results – in any economy!
Join Jess Lorimer and Robert Cutler of Selling to Corporate as they analyse the market and show you how to navigate mindset changes, new lead generation strategies, hiring ‘how-to’s and of course, those strategic sales techniques to see you into your next promotion.
After a very successful episode on hiring, in the fourth installment of MGMP; Jess and Robert look at on-boarding. Once you have your perfect sales person, how do you integrate them into your business and get them firing on all cylinders right away? How can you keep them motivated?
This episode is laden with top tips, tricks and advice. So if you are a Sales Director, Manager or involved in the hiring process you need to listen to this episode laden with onboarding, training and integration advice for your salespeople. A real do’s and definitely do not’s!
Key points within this episode include:
- If you get this wrong, it could be horrific – [1.19]
- What is ROI from onboarding? – [2.40]
- Monitoring is key to the onboarding process for you and them – [3.51]
- When you are so bought into your company, you cry when you leave! – [6.09]
- System learning is fundamental to a smooth landing – [7.16]
- Interview is them impressing you. Onboarding is your business impressing them. [8.44]
- Jess & Rob recount their own onboarding processes – [10.51]
- Candidate buyback – [13.10]
- Where the process stops and falls down in 99% of cases – [15.18]
- Realistic and clear outcomes are key to onboarding – [17.19]
- The purpose of a probation period – [18.10]
- Hiring the right people, setting the right expectations – [20.07]
- Dropping the ball on the one part of the sales process we can control – training and development [22.41]
- You are not too good to be trained, you need to keep learning [27.28]
- Peers are key when it comes to onboarding and the personal development of everyone [34.30]
- Do your sales people get excited about learning and training? They should! [36.20]
- Don’t burden yourself with more cost, and move yourselves further away from your goals [38.05]
So if you are ready to revolutionise your onboarding process , and make huge gains in revenue across 2021 hit the link to email Rob and book a call today: https://corporate.selltocorporates.com/contact-us/ or by emailing rob@Sellingtocorporates.com.
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download my Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects: https://bit.ly/top-5-business-development-questions