Welcome to the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast: where seasoned B2B sales professionals go to get the best new sales tips, techniques and trends to maximise their sales results. With clear advice, guidance and special guests, Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit is here to help sales professionals make simple, key changes that generate better results – in any economy!
Join Jess Lorimer and Robert Cutler of Selling to Corporate as they analyse the market and show you how to navigate mindset changes, new lead generation strategies, hiring ‘how-to’s and of course, those strategic sales techniques to see you into your next promotion.
On today’s episode of MGMP, Jess and Rob look into a very key topic to make revenue – market mapping. How often do you as a sales professional take a step back and assess who you are trying to sell to? Maybe you have FOMO about focusing on a specific industry? Don’t panic! Listen to today’s episode to understand how a focus market can help you and your wider sales team in 2022.
On today’s episode:
- Why skepticism of a very niche focus is normal [04.02]
- Sales Directors and business owners need to make their sales teams more privy to why a focus is important, and how switching up can cost [08.11]
- How you can become your clients key contact – even 10 years later – just by focusing and being consultative [09.12]
- Quality referrals follow – and you can leverage them much more effectively than if you were operating too broad [14.01]
- The guilt of taking time to plan [18.48]
- How the focus means you’ll make more revenue and hit those targets [23.24]
- With remote and hybrid working how the ‘first 90 days make a sale’ time has passed [28.11]
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
To book your free 2022 market insights call with Rob, rob@Sellingtocorporates.com
Future of Sales In Sport – Whitepaper: https://corporate.selltocorporates.com/whitepaper/
Rob’s recent article on Market Focus, specific to the Cyber Security sector – https://bit.ly/Top3MarketSectorsForRansomwareCompanySales22
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download our Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects: https://bit.ly/STCTop5BDQuestions
How to leave a review – https://selltocorporates.com/how-to-leave-a-podcast-review-on-itunes/
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.