Welcome back to the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast where today we’re talking about how 2022 has proven it more vital than ever before to train your staff through onboarding. Right now recruiting new staff, particularly in sales, is a global challenge and when you find the right person it is vital to ensure you begin the process of both retaining them – and ensuring they make revenue – from Day 1.
With onboarding we don’t mean a fancy pen and a LinkedIn post, we’re talking about fundamental training that will not only sharpen their skills, bring them into your company tone and voice, but actually help your entire sales team.
Key talking points from today:
- One of the biggest challenges right now is not the economy, nor spending power, but the fundamental lack of access to quality staff
- We’re heading into a potential recession, why should I be worried about hiring?
- UK employment passes 75%, with 1.3million vacancies means there are more jobs than people
- The power has shifted from employer to employee and companies need to react
- There is too much focus on the recruitment process, in both time and investment, and nowhere near enough allocated to someone joining the workforce
- 30% of new starters leave within 6 months of joining a company. Can you afford that to happen for you?
- 93% of workers interviewed by LinkedIn said they would stay at a company if they were invested in – it is a huge number of potentially retained staff
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
To book a 30 minute free consultation click here to, book into Rob’s diary.
Listen to the MGMP episode on sales call diagnostics.
Check out the Future of Sales In Sport – Whitepaper.
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download our Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects.
How to leave a review: https://selltocorporates.com/how-to-leave-a-podcast-review-on-itunes/
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.