Welcome to the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast: where seasoned B2B sales professionals go to get the best new sales tips, techniques and trends to maximise their sales results. With clear advice, guidance and special guests, Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit is here to help sales professionals make simple, key changes that generate better results – in any economy!
Join Jess Lorimer and Robert Cutler of Selling to Corporate as they analyse the market and show you how to navigate mindset changes, new lead generation strategies, hiring ‘how-to’s and of course, those strategic sales techniques to see you into your next promotion.
On today’s episode, Rob links up with A.J. Poole, the Director of Partnership Sales and Activation at the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers are one of the modern era’s most successful teams in the NFL, with 6 Superbowl wins, 8 AFC Conference Championships and a team that has hosted icons including Joe Greene, Hines Ward, Troy Polomalu and Santonio Holmes.
Sponsorship and Endorsements in American sports are key revenue generators, but when managing a team and fan base like the Steelers how do they make it work? What changes are being recognised in the market? And how do you keep a high performing team working to targets & exceeding them on a continual basis. Find out all this, and more, in today’s episode.
Key points from today’s episode:
- An overview of the pathway to Director level in an NFL team – even if the original plan was slightly different [03.02]
- Where is the sponsorship market going, and where do sales opportunities lie [07.02]
- How do you map and engage with a brand new sector of sale [10.52]
- The balance of the big money sale and a sustainable partnership and renewal opportunity [16.57]
- Stewarding a fanbase – i.e. the customer and keeping them happy whilst generating revenue [17.28]
- The importance of ROI when selling in an industry like this [19.22]
- Effective selling is RETENTION [23.33]
- Managing the healthy competition in the office as well as on the field [25.38]
- Sales Training and why it is important [28.30]
- Role plays – like Selling To Corporate deliver – are so important [32.52]
- We’re always learning as sales people otherwise we plateau [37.06]
- Our shared colour scheme is pure coincidence! [42.28]
So if you are ready to invest in your sales team to make better sales, increase retention and work cohesively drop Rob and email and book a call today: rob@Sellingtocorporates.com.
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Future of Sales In Sport – Whitepaper: https://corporate.selltocorporates.com/whitepaper/
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download our Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects: https://bit.ly/STCTop5BDQuestions
To book your free market insights call with Rob, rob@Sellingtocorporates.com
How to leave a review – https://selltocorporates.com/how-to-leave-a-podcast-review-on-itunes/
A.J. Poole LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/a-j-poole-6171b76/
Pittsburgh Steelers – https://www.steelers.com/
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.