Welcome to the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast: where seasoned B2B sales professionals go to get the best new sales tips, techniques and trends to maximise their sales results. With clear advice, guidance and special guests, Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit is here to help sales professionals make simple, key changes that generate better results – in any economy!
Join Jess Lorimer and Robert Cutler of Selling to Corporate as they analyse the market and show you how to navigate mindset changes, new lead generation strategies, hiring ‘how-to’s and of course, those strategic sales techniques to see you into your next promotion.
As 2021 draws to a close, join Jess & Rob as they navigate the key topic of negotiation – a skill that has even more value in this incredibly competitive marketplace. Deep-dive into the importance of a sale & negotiation being a mutually beneficial situation, how key your business USPs are and why boundaries need to be part of your sales playbook. Along the way, hear about Black Friday (and why sales don’t work in B2B) and even a recount of a victory at Cluedo…
On today’s episode:
- Black Friday and why it doesn’t work for B2Bs [03.33]
- We’re thinking about deals, and that means we’re talking about negotiation and a good deal for everyone [6.38]
- A walkthrough of the common issues facing sales teams at the moment in the market [7.51]
- Winning is winning. Or is it? [09.49]
- Normalising negotiation and its importance [11.00]
- Is it confidence of the sales person, or education of the client that lacks the most? [13.29]
- Your clients are much more picky – they are the ones getting the ‘footfall’ not you [15.28]
- How are your team negotiating with clients? [16.39]
- The difference between profit & revenue in negotiating a good deal[20.00]
- Client case study on increasing revenue from a renewal [23.16]
- The cost of renewing at a lower rate overall -refocus your sales teams view [25.19]
- Let’s talk about the cost of added value [28.49]
- The Selling To Corporate ‘Negotiation Skills Workshop’ is now live for purchase with a few spots left in January! [30.00]
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Future of Sales In Sport – Whitepaper: https://corporate.selltocorporates.com/whitepaper/
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download our Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects: https://bit.ly/STCTop5BDQuestions
To book your free market insights call with Rob, rob@Sellingtocorporates.com
How to leave a review – https://selltocorporates.com/how-to-leave-a-podcast-review-on-itunes/
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.