Welcome to the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast: where seasoned B2B sales professionals go to get the best new sales tips, techniques and trends to maximise their sales results. With clear advice, guidance and special guests, Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit is here to help sales professionals make simple, key changes that generate better results – in any economy!
Join Jess Lorimer and Robert Cutler of Selling to Corporate as they analyse the market and show you how to navigate mindset changes, new lead generation strategies, hiring ‘how-to’s and of course, those strategic sales techniques to see you into your next promotion.
Following on from their incredibly popular episode on Negotiation, Jess & Rob delve deeper into the problem of pricing – or more precisely, why you should not drop your prices and offer wild discounts to try to win business. Navigating this challenging topic, one sales executives don’t like talking about – Jess & Rob look into the mentality, the why’s and why not’s of pricing, discounting, negotiation and client relationship.
On today’s episode:
- Is it really December already!? [00.24]
- Black Friday and the perfect segue into pricing & discounting [02.03]
- Why Apple understand discounting by not offering them! [04.32]
- The economic challenges are not going away. Omicron is here. [10.00]
- Why the UK Energy Sector is the perfect example of why a race to the bottom of pricing does not work [15.06]
- The danger of discounting [17.00]
- Panic and fear, and giving the client all of the control [19.34]
- We aren’t teaching salespeople how to qualify budget, pricing, interest right at the start and this causes issues later [21.24]
- USPs. What are they. How to leverage them. [23.11]
- Giving sales people the ability and confidence to say no [28.28]
- How Selling To Corporate has a 72% retention rate of clients [31.15]
- Without a budget, I won’t even write a proposal [35.55]
- Forecasting is out of control without a quality pricing process [39.47]
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Sales Negotiation Workshop – Email: rob@Sellingtocorporates.com
Future of Sales In Sport – Whitepaper: https://corporate.selltocorporates.com/whitepaper/
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download our Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects: https://bit.ly/STCTop5BDQuestions
To book your free market insights call with Rob, rob@Sellingtocorporates.com
How to leave a review – https://selltocorporates.com/how-to-leave-a-podcast-review-on-itunes/
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.