Welcome to the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast: where seasoned B2B sales professionals go to get the best new sales tips, techniques and trends to maximise their sales results. With clear advice, guidance and special guests, Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit is here to help sales professionals make simple, key changes that generate better results – in any economy!
Join Jess Lorimer and Robert Cutler of Selling to Corporate as they analyse the market and show you how to navigate mindset changes, new lead generation strategies, hiring ‘how-to’s and of course, those strategic sales techniques to see you into your next promotion.
On today’s episode, Jess and Rob delve into a very hot topic of the moment – Skills Assessments. A Skills Assessment is a brilliant way to understand the current state of your sales department, particularly during a time post furlough period for many people. By undertaking remote assessments of the team, you can understand the opportunities to progress and develop your staff to hit the highest revenue targets possible.
Key points from today’s episode include:
- Why re-engagement in 2021 needs to be better, and how a skills assessment can help – [4.03]
- Why a skills assessment allows you to understand what and who you need to recruit [08.34]
- You need to be assessing your people in July & August so they are prepared for the September – November rush of sales [13.26]
- How working from home, remote business and furlough have helped your sales people to develop different skills – and how to leverage those by understanding them [18.02]
- Using the data to understand your existing team, and also understand the future moves around the virtual chess board [22.39]
- Don’t be the last one to the party – bring in the sales trainers now once you know what you need – not at the end of the year when you have missed the 2021 opportunities [26.31]
- You have a sales forecast and a sales strategy. Why no sales recruitment and training strategy too? Use data to make that a reality. [31.08]
- If you want to learn more, contact Rob! [35.22]
So if you are ready to draw down the data, strengths, weaknesses and a whole host more about your sales team, to develop them for 2021 and beyond hit the link to email Rob and book a call today: rob@Sellingtocorporates.com.
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Future of Sales In Sport – Whitepaper: https://corporate.selltocorporates.com/whitepaper/
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download our Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects: https://bit.ly/STCTop5BDQuestions
To book your free market insights call with Rob, rob@Sellingtocorporates.com
How to leave a review – https://selltocorporates.com/how-to-leave-a-podcast-review-on-itunes/
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.