Welcome to the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast: where seasoned B2B sales professionals go to get the best new sales tips, techniques and trends to maximise their sales results. With clear advice, guidance and special guests, Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit is here to help sales professionals make simple, key changes that generate better results – in any economy!
Join Jess Lorimer and Robert Cutler of Selling to Corporate ® as they analyse the market and show you how to navigate mindset changes, new lead generation strategies, hiring ‘how-to’s and of course, those strategic sales techniques to see you into your next promotion.
On today’s episode, we dive into an issue that is very close to Jess’ heart – not saying “How Are You” on client calls. You might be thinking – heck that is rude! But actually it isn’t. Over the course of this brief but impactful episode, you will learn about why it is a dangerous closed question and how it can entirely derail all of your effort to secure the call with that client in the first place. Keep your clients on track with solid agendas, leading to happy stakeholders and happy sales executives!
On today’s episode:
- This is an absolutely key – if controversial – topic about the importance of keeping your calls on track [02.39]
- Not in the usual territory as a British sales executive – let’s get more direct [03.19]
- How are you does not make rapport [05.00]
- The dangers of 20 mins of your 30 mins call becoming about their life, covid, dog, home life… [06.38]
- It shows unpreparedness [08.18]
- Set that agenda. Be professional. Set expectations. [10.00]
- Building real rapport and discussing real topics [10.46]
- It is a closed question – and here is why [16.00]
- Are your sales executives building rapport and demonstrating credibility? [19.09]
- Doing the basics well makes you memorable [20.42]
- Don’t be fluffy [21.54]
- Clear communication is difficult, and salespeople have a bad reputation – but the stereotype is justified [23.48]
- Want your sales executives to do the basics better? Contact Rob! [24.04]
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Future of Sales In Sport – Whitepaper: https://corporate.selltocorporates.com/whitepaper/
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download our Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects: https://bit.ly/STCTop5BDQuestions
To book your free market insights call with Rob, rob@Sellingtocorporates.com
How to leave a review – https://selltocorporates.com/how-to-leave-a-podcast-review-on-itunes/
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.