Welcome to the Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit podcast: where seasoned B2B sales professionals go to get the best new sales tips, techniques and trends to maximise their sales results. With clear advice, guidance and special guests, Marginal Gains, Maximum Profit is here to help sales professionals make simple, key changes that generate better results – in any economy!
Join Jess Lorimer and Robert Cutler of Selling to Corporate as they analyse the market and show you how to navigate mindset changes, new lead generation strategies, hiring ‘how-to’s and of course, those strategic sales techniques to see you into your next promotion.
On today’s episode, Jess & Rob get serious and direct about a key challenge facing a lot of organisations – especially sports – at the moment. Concentration on fulfilment and not focusing on proactive business development.
Navigating the key challenges of this topic, encouraging Sales Directors to take a lead on making a real commercial strategy and thrown in for good measure – Rob’s own experiences of being in a fulfilment led football sales team.
On today’s episode:
- Starting your entire strategy from scratch again is important – base it on 2020 [03.04]
- Why it is important to take proactive now before Christmas [03.54]
- Don’t take your sales team hunger away to make those deals and be proactive [08.43]
- The cost of putting everyone in your sales team onto reactive selling means you will have no leads, no proactive, no cold new business being brought in [13.43]
- Why data driven analysis is absolutely key to making realistic commercial strategy [18.38]
- The challenges of recruitment during the great resignation [22.51]
- Use 2020 as your base for strategy for 2021, 2022 to be realistic about what you will achieve. Ignore 2019 and before – that world has gone [27.00]
- The market truly is shifting into a new age [31.22]
So if you need help with assessing the data, understanding how to set the right metrics or developing that commercial plan based on 2020 – send Rob and email and book a call today: rob@Sellingtocorporates.com
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Future of Sales In Sport – Whitepaper: https://corporate.selltocorporates.com/whitepaper/
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download our Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects: https://bit.ly/STCTop5BDQuestions
To book your free market insights call with Rob, rob@Sellingtocorporates.com
How to leave a review – https://selltocorporates.com/how-to-leave-a-podcast-review-on-itunes/
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.